The World of Hassria
The Gods of Hassria
The Gods of Light
The Faith of the Seven is the principal religion of Hassria although other religions do exist. The Faith holds that there is one god who has seven faces or aspects: the Father, the Mother, the Maiden, the Crone, the Warrior, the Smith, and the Stranger. Each aspect represents one part of life or existence.
The Faith worships the Seven, a single deity with seven aspects or faces, each representing a different virtue. Worshipers pray to specific aspects of the Seven for help and guidance depending on their need. These aspects (And their small-folk names) are:
Due to its seven “aspects”, the deity is often referred to as the “Seven-faced God” or the “God of Seven”, but most frequently as simply “the Seven”.
Rodians, being descended from an amalgam of human and rat often follow the Seven. However worship of a specific Rodian deity has grown amongst the community.
Skavious Undivided – The Rat-God, is depicted as a monstrous 3 headed rat. Worship of the Three Headed Rat parodies that of the faith of the seven in the respect that some Rodians priests have taken to the worship of a specific aspect of Skavious, based upon each of the rat gods heads :-
• Skarr – Black, rotting plague rat with ruined features and red eyes – an evil aspect.
• Skav – Grey rat with copper eyes – a neutral aspect.
• Skor – White rat with bright green eyes – a good aspect.
The Faith of the Seven whilst prominent in The Duchy are not the only faith, nor are they the oldest. Many faiths have risen and fallen over millennia and in some areas, communities following older gods or aspects of the seven by another name can be found.
• Viltae – Aspects: Excellence, Pride, Unrequited Love, Independence, the Hunt, the Sky
• Pannas – Aspects: Water, the Sea, Independence
• Delaeth – Aspects: Spring, Life, Good Health, Fertility, Planting
• Bromaltas – Aspects: Autumn, Sadness, Farewells, The Harvest
Beast, Nature, Demonic Cults and Evil Gods
Many of the more primitive peoples World of Hassria and the Continent of Amherth worship animal and nature “spirit totems”. These spirits reflect the essence of nature itself (i.e. Mother Nature), an aspect of nature (trees, rocks, rain, streams, etc.), or an animal (bear, wolf, bat).
In some dark corners of the world, evil and/or desperate people have been known to make pacts with demons from the nether worlds in exchange for favours or power. Demon worshippers are reviled throughout the Continent of Amherth.
Example evil gods include:-
• Skarr – Rodian God-Aspect
• Grimic – Chaos – “The Slaughterer” – God of Slaughter and Undeath
• Rhuynda – Goddess of Evil magic and Demons
Back to The Library