The World of Hassria
Rumours and Speculation
Below is a collection of the rumours and information that the party has gathered by asking questions and investigating.
Some will be true (marked when known for definite), others false.
| Rumours Picked up from townsfolk in town
* The symbol of Thaxon lets you pass the guardian. (True)
* The miller could use a helping hand against a rat plague in the mill. (True)
* One of Dankmar’s apprentices wanted to help the Miller, but he hasn’t returned from the mill’s cellar. (True)
* The bakery hasn’t been producing bread for three days. (True)
* The head of the Withold family is a retired adventurer. (True)
* The Olde Tree is slowly dying. (True)
* Dagolas, the fletcher, was a very famous adventurer years ago. (True)
* The hermit can tell you things about the Abandoned Sept. (True)
* The Sept of the Wise Mother will pay a huge reward to those who clear the Abandoned Sept. (True- Debt paid)
* The Septa is a trained assassin.
* The hermit is undead.
* The hermit is a crazy wizard.
* Stonemason Kjeld is the only living founder of Larm.
| Information gained from the stolen pages of Nantwins book
* Larm was founded 40 years ago by Mayor Caius Rusticus’ father from a loggers camp on the same site.
* The first god worshipped in Larm was Father Thaxon.
* Something terrible happened at the Sept of the Father 20 years ago.
* The Sept was abandoned immediately.
* The guardian of the Sept can only be killed by magic.
* Thaxon’s holy symbol can help you pass the guardian.
| Rumours about Stonehell Dungeon
* At least one underwater tunnel connects the dungeon to a nearby swamp.
* A snake cult conducts bizarre and obscene rites in a crumbling temple located within the dungeon.
* A holy man who lives in an ancient crypt offers solace and healing to weary adventurers.
* The kobolds of Stonehell offer goods and services for sale in an underground bazaar.
* A bottomless chasm exists in the dungeon.
* Anyone slain in the dungeon will rise as an undead monster.
* An ever-burning skeleton has been glimpsed in the dungeon depths.
* Ringing bells in the dungeon can have unforeseen results.
* If you spot “Old Coal” and leave him a gift, it’ll bring ye good fortune.
|Writings on the Gatehouse to Stonehell Dungeon
*This dungeon was cleared by the Circle of Six. Nothing remains below.” A date is written beside this message. Beneath it, in another hand, is written, “Yeah, I’ll bet!
*The little, scaly b&!#$%ds can’t be trusted. They turned on us, killed Sydel, and stole all our gold! Kill ‘em all on sight!
*I had it! A ruby the size of a fist was almost mine, but a giant serpent swallowed it before I could reach it!
Back to The Library